Recipe: Peas in a Pod
12 peas in the pod
¼ teaspoon crème fraiche
¼ teaspoon mint sauce
5 fresh mint leaves
2 rashers of smoked streaky bacon (optional)
Salt and pepper
– Gently fry the bacon (if using) and put on a plate to cool.
– Once cool, roughly chop with a knife
– Then, very finely cut the mint. Don’t chop it as you may bruise it.
– Split the peas, keeping the half with the stalk intact. Remove all the peas except the bottom one (closest to the stalk).
– Put the podded peas in a blender and blitz a few times. Remove the blitzed peas and stir in the crème fraiche, mint sauce, bacon and freshly cut mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
– Lay the half pods, with the one pea left in the base, on a presentation board. With a teaspoon, carefully spoon the mixture evenly between the pods, leaving the individual pea exposed.
Enjoy with a glass of something chilled!
Fancy serving these at your next party but haven’t got time? Get in touch with our team.