Recipe: Yeo Valley organic Greek yoghurt panna cotta with lavender and honey
This is a great base recipe for panna cotta. The lavender can be substituted for other flavours such as vanilla or bay, as can the strawberries for other fruit such as raspberries or mulled wine poached pears, making it suitable for use year round.
Ingredients (serves 5)
150ml whole fat milk
150ml double cream
600g Greek yoghurt
2 tablespoons local honey
1 teaspoon fresh or ½ teaspoon dried lavender heads (dried lavender is stronger in flavour than fresh)
3g leaf Gelatine
300g plain flour
100g caster sugar
500g Cheddar Gorge strawberries
5 lavender sprigs for garnish
– Bring the cream, milk and sugar to the boil.
– Meanwhile soak the leaf gelatine for a few minutes in cold water.
– Take off the boil and whisk in the soaked gelatine, then add the lavender to infuse and stir in the honey.
– Leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
– Add the Greek yoghurt to a mixing bowl, pass the cream and milk mixture through a fine sieve onto the yogurt, and stir.
– Once fully mixed, divide the mixture evenly into glasses and chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
– Cream the sugar and butter until the mixture is almost white. Mix in the flour until it just comes together. Don’t over work.
– Wrap the mix and chill in the fridge for at least an hour. Once chilled roll out and cut to desired shape.
– Bake in an oven pre-heated to 145⁰C for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Whilst still warm sprinkle a little caster sugar over them.
– Remove the panna cotta from the fridge and top with a few diced strawberries.
– Serve with additional strawberries and the shortbread.
For more recipes visit our blog.
Fancy serving this at your next party but haven’t got the time? Get in touch with our team.